Learn how to make ginger oil the right way at home and also learn how to use it correctly. Ginger oil is used topically through massaging to help relieve knee pain, low back pain, arthritis, and help ward off insects like mosquitos etc.
If you want to learn about the full health benefits of ginger oil and the different side effects, read this post here.
How To Make Ginger Oil
Although you can find ginger oil all over the internet and in your local grocery stores, you can also make it at home and it is easier than you think. Ginger is usually steamed and distilled to produce ginger oil but why not make your own if you already have the ingredients?
Note: Your homemade ginger oil can be stored for up to six months and it’s gonna stay fresh too!
- Oven bowl
- Cheese grater
- Fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
1. Grab your ginger and rinse it up nicely, put it aside and let it dry completely.
2. Add the olive oil into the oven bowl, make sure that your bowl is oven safe.
3. Next, grab your ginger and using a cheese grater, grate them up nicely. Make sure that your grater is clean and dry. Mix the grated ginger into your olive oil.
4. Insert your mixture into 150 degrees low heat oven and let it simmer for at least 2 hours.
5. Now empty your mixture into the cheesecloth and let the oil drip into a clean dry bowl, make sure to squeeze out all the oil, you don’t want any of that goodness to go to waste.
6. Now that your oil is cooled completely, pour them into clean and dry bottles and make sure to store it into a cool and dry area.
How To Use Ginger oil
Now that you have successfully made your very own ginger oil, here is how you can use it. Simply massage the oil onto your skin, add it to your hot tub, massage your joints when you are feeling achy and finally, use it to relieve nausea by inhaling the aroma.
- To improve blood circulation, rub two drops of ginger oil over your heart 2 times per day.
- For joint and muscle pain, massage three drops of ginger oil on where is hurting 3 times per day.
- To boost your mood, add three drops into a diffuser or simply inhale the oil twice daily.
- For nausea, apply two drops over your stomach and massage it gently.
- For low libido, massage two drops onto your feet and lower abdomen.
- For digestion and getting rid of toxins in your body, add a few drops to your hot tub and soak in it for 30-45 minutes.
- To reduce a cough, flu, bronchitis, and lung infections, add a drop of ginger oil to your tea 2 times per day.
- To reduce vomiting, add a drop of ginger oil into a glass of warm water or tea and drink slowly 2 times daily.
- You can also add a few drops of ginger oil to your food when cooking. Add it to foods that require the taste of ginger.
So this is how to make ginger oil and how to use it. If you liked this post, please do us a favor and take a minute to share it. You can also find us on Pinterest where you will get all our latest articles and helpful tips.