Below are 26 vegetables high in vitamin C that you can start adding to your meal plan for a healthier, stronger body and immune system.
Not only does this vitamin help the body to make collagen which is an important protein used to make our skin, ligaments, tendons and blood vessels, it also aids the repair and growth of tissues in the body.
Vitamin c has many benefits including maintaining bone and teeth health, heal wounds and help the body absorb iron from non-heme sources such as fruits, vegetables, grains, and nuts.
26 Vegetables High In Vitamin C
|100 g||Chili pepper||239%|
|100 g||Mustard spinach||216%|
|100 g||Brussels sprouts||141%|
|100 g||Bell pepper||134%|
|100 g||Mustard greens,||116%|
|100 g||Garden cress||115%|
|100 g||Red cabbage||95%|
|100 g||Green peas||66%|
|100 g||Collard greens||58%|
|100 g||Welch Onion||45%|
- Mustard spinach
- Brussels sprouts
- Bell Pepper
- Mustard Greens
- Garden cress
- Red cabbage
- Green peas
- Collard greens
- Welch Onion
Health benefits of vitamin c
- Studies show that consuming vitamin c on a regular basis may help with the following conditions…
- Help boost the immune system
- Maintain healthy gums
- Helps treat asthma, Eczema, Hay fever
- Reduces sunburn
- Decreases blood sugar
- Helps treat viruses and colds
Facts about vitamin c
- Vitamin C can be lost from foods that are cooked or are stored in water. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables whenever possible, and don’t store fruits and veggies in water.
- Most plants and animals can actually make their own vitamin C. Humans, monkeys, and guinea pigs are among the very few that have to eat foods with vitamin C, as they can’t make their own.
- Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin, which means it disappears. This means that your body can’t hold onto vitamin C very long, so you need to eat it every day!
- Vitamin C can significantly improve your ability to digest and absorb the essential mineral iron.
- Vitamin C provides protection against certain types of cancers, joint diseases and cataracts, which are all associated with vitamin C deficiency.
There you have it! The complete list of 26 Vegetables High In Vitamin C that you can start adding to your diet today! if you liked this post, please share our pin on Pinterest and also follow us there while you are at it!